Meandering (Wide)

Friday, June 14, 2013

Week 30

(Disclaimer: Week 30-33 might be a little sparse... I'm writing these mid-week 34, and the last few weeks have been a daze, so I may have forgotten some details...)

After a series of unfortunate events, and things looking like they were going to be pushed back until NEXT TUESDAY, we WERE able to get the keys to the house on Thursday at 1pm.  So Bryann took off from work early and immediately started prepping the Living/Dining room and Kitchen to be taped, molding calked, and ready to spray the trim.  I warned him that I didn't want to deal with dark oak molding anymore and that the first thing we'd be doing when we got in was painting the trim.  I think he was hoping I'd let it go, but alas, we got to work right away! 

We slept in the house Thursday, are working on it all day today (Friday), and are moving in tomorrow (Saturday).  TBD how much we'll get done before moving in.  Hopefully at least the living room will be ready to recieve furniture! 
What Baby T has been up to this week:
  • Baby is about 15.7 inches and 3 lbs now - about the size of a cabbage head. 
  • She is surrounded by amniotic fluid, so her movements are very cushioned.
  • Callie's eyesight is developing, but even at birth her vision will be 20/400 and will only be able to make out objects a few inches from her face.
  • Her brain is changing from smooth to taking on those grooves and indentations - wrinkles that allow for increased surface area (higher amount of brain tissue).
  • Baby's bone marrow has taken over production of red blood cells wheras before, the spleen was producing most of them.
  • Her languo hair is beginning to disappear because she's growing more fat and her brain is regulating her temperature better
Pregnancy symptoms this week include:
  • Apparently I'm supposed to be feeling off balance and clumsy, but I feel pretty normal. 
  • Heartburn continues, and has gotten worse lately.  I can't bend over without some acid reflux.
  • My stomach feels miniscule, so I'm hungry, but I can't actually stuff any more food in my belly.  So I have to eat small amounts of food, pretty often.
What I miss/What I'm looking forward to:
  • I miss being able to gobble down as much food as my heart desires, and eat until I'm full. 
  • I miss the days when I didn't have heartburn constantly!
  • Looking forward to my next OB visit.  It's always fun to check in with the baby.
  • Looking forward to a "finished" house - though I have a feeling that the finished product is several weeks further out than we'd anticipated...
Rachel, dutifully de-papering the nursery walls.  This room was a nightmare!  There are 4 other people here (Paul, Nate, Kimber, & Molly), but couldn't get a good shot of them all slaving away. 

Getting the Living Room/Dining Room taped, calked, and ready to paint the trim and walls


Getting the Kitchen cabinets and windows taped, calked, and ready to paint!

Finished product in the living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment