Meandering (Wide)

Friday, June 28, 2013

Week 32

(Disclaimer: Week 30-33 might be a little sparse... I'm writing these mid-week 34, and the last few weeks have been a daze, so I may have forgotten some details...)

Mom and Dad made it up last weekend to help with the remodeling.  Bryann got a new job, so he took this week off work to dedicate towards getting the master bathroom remodel well on it's way.  Apparently my original idea of moving everything to a different location wasn't going to work - something to do with plumbing and running pipes and sewer lines all different directions, and having to tear up the basement ceiling in order to accomplish this, who knows - so the first 2 days were spent wandering around, inspecting the pipelines from the outside of the house, and trying to come up with a new plan that would leave the toilet in the same spot, the shower in approximately the same spot, add in a double vanity sink, AND allow me to access the bathroom from my closet.  It couldn't be done from where my closet currently lived (on the West side of the room) so we decided to expand the shower into what will now become Bryann's closet, and construct another angled wall on the East side where my new closet will reside, and through which we can access the bathroom. 

What Baby T has been up to this week:
  • Baby weighs almost 4 lbs and could be as long as 19 inches - about the size of a
  • She is supposedly in the head-down, buttoms-up position, but it's impossible for me to tell what I'm feeling when she pokes herself out.
  • Her digestive system is all set to go - in case she's a premie, she's able to survive outside the womb without the umbilical cord providing nutrients.
  • She continues to gain fat and her skin is turning more opaque.
Pregnancy symptoms this week include:
  • Feeling baby squirm and swirl around a lot more than the movements I've been feeling previous.  She juts herself out and I imagine her pushing and stretching since things are becoming a little cramped in there for her
  • Apparently I can expect Braxton-Hicks contractions in the coming weeks, but I haven't felt any yet.  Or at least I don't think I've felt any contractions.  My OB promises I will know it when I feel one.  :-)
  • Heartburn has lightened up a lot.  I actually can't remember having ANY heartburn this week!  Am I finished with it?!  Could it be!?!?
What I miss/What I'm looking forward to:
  • I miss a clean, put-together house.  I've kicked myself several times during this week for deciding I really wanted to get all these projects done before the baby comes.  I know it will be worth it when it's all finished, and it's better to do everything now than with a newborn, but it's still hard and very stressfull to not have a place to relax and unwind.  Luckily the porch outside our kitchen is completely amazing, surrounded by trees, recieves a wonderful breeze, and is my most favorite place to be lately. 
  • Baby shower on Saturday!!!  I'm REALLY excited to have a day dedicated to Calista and me, with some much needed girl time, and getting dressed up and looking pretty again. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment