Meandering (Wide)

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Baby Shower

My "Story Book" themed baby shower was a few weekends ago, and I stole all these pictures from Rachel's FB.   

Documented in all it's glory!! Rachel did an absolutely incredible job putting this together by herself - with a few ideas thrown back and forth and an inspiration Pinterest board. I'm so thankful for her and so grateful for all the wonderful, strong, supportive women in my life! The pictures speak for themselves!

My good friend Rian made the cake - Elephant themed to match baby Callie's nursery!
Green Eggs and Ham to go with spinach quiche
Blueberries for Sal to go with the blueberry punch

Amazing spread of themed food!
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs to go with... Meatballs
Shot glasses full of candy, because I can't actually have shots of alcohol, this is the next best thing!
Eating the Alphebet to go with all the veggies
Diaper cake from my MIL, Cherie and SIL, Whitley
Celebratory cider bottles
"Pop this open to celebrate when Kristi POPS!"
Living room set up
Notes to Callie station
My guests, dutifully writing notes!

Awesome banner Rachel made on VistaPrint
Pink & white Cow blankie from Mary!



Rachel demonstrating how the Bobby is actually a giant neck pillow and NOT, in fact, a nursing pillow
Reading inscriptions on the book Annie brought in place of a card
AMAZING knitted, stuffed Elephant from Annie!
Adorable anchor outfit from Elizabeth.  Obviously the DGs in the room LOVED this.
Belinda sewed a gorgeous quilt in the nursery colors - grey, aqua, and red
Mary was able to bring her brand new baby, Abigale
A very helpful book from Annie that is teaching me how to be a good parent!
All the ladies at the party
Me and the hostess
Reezy, Mom, and me
Book Club ladies!
Cutting the awesome cake
Kimber is taking a long time trying to decide which date to claim for the due-date pool
Due-date pool!  Strangely, most people are betting on me delivering LATE!  Grrr....

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you liked it and had fun! It was fun to throw the shower for you :-)

    ReplyDelete