Meandering (Wide)

Friday, July 5, 2013

Week 33

(Disclaimer: Week 30-33 might be a little sparse... I'm writing these mid-week 34, and the last few weeks have been a daze, so I may be hazy on some details)

Work continues on the house...  Mom and Dad are still here, bathroom structure is complete, walls are up, and texture and priming have been done.  For the most part, the big projects are finished.  Now we're working on tiling, putting molding up around the door frames, painting, and lots and lots of cleaning! 

Bryann started his new job this week.  I think it's really hard on him starting a new job and being under the stress that he is with all these house projects.  I'm really grateful my parents are here helping, and for my aunt Reezy who still comes over almost daily to help with anything she can!  I have the best family.  :-) 

We got a little bit of relaxing and fun time this week.  On Wednesday, we went to Annie and Aaron's for a BBQ dinner and made s'mores over their firepit.  Then Thursday was the 4th, and we went to Tamara and Rian's for some more delicious BBQ and good times with friends.  Unfortunately I caught a cold this week, so I had to leave the party early - generally coughing, and feeling too stuffy and tired to enjoy myself - so we went home and watched some of the fireworks going off around our neighbors houses. 

What Baby T has been up to this week:
  •  Baby Calista weighs about 4 lbs and has passed the 17-inch mark - about the size of a pineapple.  She could grow a full inch more this week alone!
  • She is loosing her wrinkled-alien skin in favor of a more human form
  • Her skeleton is hardening, though the bones in the skull aren't fused together yet to allow them to shift so she can make it through the birth canal. 
  • Amniotic fluid levels are at their height, and baby is starting to outgrow the fluid cushion, which makes her nudges and pushes more noticeable - less liquid cushion to soften the blows!
  • Callie's eyes are open while she's awake, and closed while she's asleep.  More light is penetrating the uterine walls, so she may be able to differentiate between night and day (as long as I wear light colored clothing and no layers).
  • This week, Callie's immune system has also developed, so she didn't catch that cold that I caught this week!
 Pregnancy symptoms this week include:
  • I've read that I should be expecting insomnia (due to hormonal changes, midnight treks to the bathroom, leg cramps, and heartburn), but this week, along with the previous one has been pretty smooth.  No heartburn.  No restless leg at night.  And I can actually make it through the night without getting up to pee!  (Though I do wake up awful early needing to use the bathroom, but 6am is better than 3am!)
  • Only mild pain in my groin muscles - again the feeling that a nerve is being pinched.  My OB said it's actually due to ligaments being stretched.
  • Baby moving pretty often throughout the day.  She's stopped kicking so much as just maneuvering around and pressing against my sides and rib cage.  It feels more like she's "swirling and twirling" than anything else.
 What I miss/What I'm looking forward to:
  • I miss feeling like I have all the time in the world to get everything done and ready for baby to arrive.  Seriously?!  Only 7 weeks left??  And she could be EARLY?!  Feeling overwhelmed...
  • Looking forward to actually having everything done and ready for baby to arrive... 
33 weeks along!


Taping the seams of the backerboard in the shower.  I get the easy jobs!
Bryann had a really hard time figuring how which direction to attach the hardware.  I couldn't resist documenting. :-P
The bathroom vanity is installed, and the walls are taped and mudded.
View into my new closet.  Bathroom is through there, on the right.

Shower floor is getting cement on top of a layer of water barrier.  The bench on the left is our "dry" bench.

Bryann applying the texture to the new wall separating the bathroom from the bedroom.

View of the new bathroom and closet wall from the West side of the room (looking East).

No comments:

Post a Comment