Meandering (Wide)

Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Ultrasound

I had my ultrasound done at 18 weeks, 3 days at Willamette Falls hospital where I'll be giving birth.  I was a complete nervous wreck all day long prior to going in because I just couldn't wait to hear it we were having a boy or a girl!  Also to hear that everything looked the way it should - that the baby had two legs, two arms, and a fully fused spinal cord.

They had me come in with a full bladder to take the initial set of shots.  As soon as I walked in the room, I told them I'd heard a rumor that they'd let me get up and pee after the first couple pictures.  :-)  (I had drinken a LOT of water... and ended up getting up three separate times.)  The ultrasound took about an hour and a half, and it was pretty boring to be honest.   Bryann literally almost fell asleep sitting in the chair next to me.  I probably could have fallen asleep, too.  A lot of the screen views they were looking at made absolutely no sense to me, so I kind of glazed over for half of the ultrasound.  AND they wouldn't tell me the sex of the baby until the very end!!  I think that's the FIRST thing they should tell you!  Well, ok they should say everything looks good FIRST, and then the sex of the baby second.

I think it took so long because the baby was all squinched up and refused to move, so the tech took forever trying to get a good profile picture.  They let me get up to use the bathroom just to try to shake the baby around a bit and get it in a better position.  But eventually, they got all the shots they needed and at the VERY END, told us it looked like we were having a baby girl, to which Bryann squealed audibly a little bit!  :-)

So, we've decided to name her Calista Elaine Turner.  We were completely set on other names before I got pregnant, but Bryann brought home a baby names book soon after we found out, and I randomly flipped to a page and "Calista" jumped out at me.  I suggested it to Bryann and he loved it, and we didn't really consider any other girls' names after that.  We wanted a name that was fairly uncommon and unique, and not anywhere near the top 100 for the last few years.  It turns out the names we had been previously considering were all on the top 100 list, so it's a good thing we changed our mind early!

Without further adieu  introducing Calista Elaine Turner!  (and the inner depths of my uterus... hahaha)


Alien baby eyes


There's a foot and a hand sticking up at the camera

Profile shot of baby's face

Profile shot from the other side of baby's face

No comments:

Post a Comment