Meandering (Wide)

Friday, April 19, 2013

Week 22

I went to Baby Shower #1 this past weekend!  I have only been to 2 other baby showers in my lifetime (and 1 of those was in high school) so it was fun to be at AND be pregnant!  I picked up a lot of good tips & tricks from other moms that attended.  Like put doggy pee pads down on the changing pad so I don't have to wash the changing pad cover so often.  Genius!

Other than that, it's been a pretty ho-hum week 22.  We won't be able to move forward with the house stuff for a couple of weeks, other than get the repair addendum stuff done.  We'll do the appraisals in the middle of May, so until then, we're just sitting around in our half-empty staged home trying not to mess it up too much so we don't have to clean like mad men when the appraisal finally DOES get scheduled.

What Baby T has been up to this week:  

  • Callie is weighing in at 1 lb. and measuring 11 inches - the size of a spaghetti squash.
  • Lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more defined and she is even growing tooth buds under those tiny little gums!
  • Her pancreas is developing the most this week
  • She's still pretty wrinkly and covered in languo (fetal hair) but she's start to plump up in the coming weeks
Pregnancy symptoms this week include:
  • Slightly better nausea than before.  There was actually a day or two when I didn't have any AM sickness at all, and I thought I was done with the sick phase, but then it started again on Wednesday.  Alas... I hear it will pass eventually
  • Digestive issues.  Seriously.  I need to have a heart-to-heart with whoever decided what to tell non-pregnant women about what it's like to be pregnant.  I heard all about the morning sickness, the fatigue, the back pain, the feet swelling, and the stretch marks, but no one EVER said I'd be constipated and gassy all the time!  NOT COOL people!  Not cool....
Food cravings/aversions:
  • Cannot get enough chocolate ice cream... I could eat it for every meal!  I have eaten it for dinner before... Don't tell Bryann!  :-P 
  • No aversions anymore.  Yay!
What I miss:
  • Beer
  • My clothes fitting me.  I'm afraid at this point that I won't even be able to get back into my pre-pregnancy jeans.  Some of them I've already handed over to Goodwill.  I can't even get them over my ass anymore.  
What I'm looking forward to:
  • Not being sick anymore
  • The 3rd trimester "glow" and energy I'm rumored to have

No comments:

Post a Comment