Meandering (Wide)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dish-of-the-Day: Pork Tenderloin Medallions and Balsamic Reduction

Tonight's meal was Pork Tenderloin Medallions and Balsamic Reduction.  This was less of a success...  It wasn't a failure, because 2/3rds of the dinner was delicious!    The grilled peaches were really yummy, and the wild rice salad was super easy and delicious, without the sodium and fats from the "herb and butter" seasoning the package came with.  Even the balsamic reduction came out really nicely.  The trouble was, surprise surprise, cooking the pork.  I didn't use pork tenderloin medallion cuts.  I used super thick pork loin chops from Costco.  The cuts were way too thick and I overcooked it.

During dinner, I repeatedly apologized to Bryann for ruining dinner.  But isn't burning dinner one of those new wifedom humps new wives all have to get over?  Bryann still ate the pork (don't ask me why, because I sure didn't) and ooh'ed and aah'ed over how delicious everything was.  Then I started laughing because I knew he was lying to me.  Lesson learned:  Don't cook pork.  Or at least have Bryann come and monitor what I'm doing so I don't overcook it again.

Other lesson learned:  freshly chopped chives are amazing.  As are pecans and dried cherries thrown into wild rice!  As are grilled peaches!  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment