Meandering (Wide)

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

New Year's Resolution #3: Join a Choir

This is a carry over from last year...  I have another audition for the Willamette Master Chorus next week, so it's possible I'll have this resolution in the bag very early 2012!  But then again... I may have to set up a few more auditions at some other choirs before I find a choir that fits.

I was in choir for.......... 13 years??  I started singing in a group (not just for the Christmas pageants) sometime in elementary school so it's been weird not singing outside of my car or the shower for the 6 years that I've been out of college.  When I was in Chamber Choir at Willamette, I was told that, even if I joined a choir as an adult, I would probably never experience the same musical caliber as what we did.  So I've been a little down and out, thinking nothing could ever come close to my experience in Chamber Choir, so why bother.

But I have lots of friends in choirs around Portland and Salem and they all love their groups.  And so will I.  Once I find one.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment