Meandering (Wide)

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Case of the Thursdays

TGTF....

Thank Goodness Tomorrow's Friday!

This is usually my motto for Thursdays, but today more so than most.  I've had an epically long week and I'm ready for it to be over.  I'm ready for the end of this uninspiring week.  I need the relaxing weekend I have planned.  I need some extra sleep.  I need some couch time with my husband and my dog/cat.  I need these last few days of January to be over.

We're on the tail end of the month, and the tail end of our budget.  We've done really well sticking to our budget goals this month.  We reduced our spending by about $200 to pay off a student loan, and we were still able to do some of the fun things we wanted.  We went to see West Side Story for my birthday, we saw some college buddies play at the Doug Fir for their CD release party, Bryann spent a weekend at the beach house with his buddies playing board games, while I went to a fun Wine & Dine party with a cool BYO favorites theme, and we went to a fantastic cook-off put on by some of our friends.  Now we have to make the last $30 stretch for the last 5 days... (I have a feeling my gas tank is going to eat it all, though)

I'm ready for January to be over.  I'm ready for the sun to start coming up before I get to work.  I'm ready to sit down with February's budget and plan it all out.  I'm ready to pay off the next loan.  I'm ready to celebrate the first Valentine's day with my husband.  I'm ready to sing in my first concert since college.

For now I'll have to settle for the week being almost over.  And I'm currently in my pajamas sipping on a tasty Apricot Ale, helping Bryann make dinner and enjoying a relaxing TGTF.


No comments:

Post a Comment