Meandering (Wide)

Saturday, December 8, 2012

November in Review

Had a girls weekend in Seattle with my wonderful, amazing friends and fellow book-club members.  We were reading "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" which is based in Seattle, so we spent the weekend at Annie's parents' place on Bainbridge Island, and enjoyed lots of much-need girl time.

On the ferry en-route to Seattle

Pike's Place Market

Tea sampling

Mac & Cheese!!

Panama Hotel (where the book took place) still houses left-over belongings  from  the Japanese internment

Had Lychee tea at the Panama Hotel

Girls weekend participants
_____________________________________________________________________

I went on my first ever business trip!  I spent four days in Missoula, Montana with my Epic Core team and helped get them ready for the St. Patricks Hospital Go-Live.  And as an added bonus, it turns out Missoula is home to some great breweries!
My beer-sampler at the Montana Club - all are from Missoula breweries
_________________________________________________________________

Went to another Wine & Dine party at Katee and Travis's!  Got to meet (and hold) their new baby, Isaac.  Sorry, no pictures!  It was a small, intimate party of 8 and we had a delicious pre-Thanksgiving meal, you know, to prep our stomachs, and tasty wine!  My favorite was the Headsnapper Radiant Red.












________________________________________________________________

Sang in my third choir concert with Consonare Chorale.  I love my choir, and I'm so glad I'm singing again!  In this last concert, I auditioned for and got a part to sing as part of an octet in "Lieto Godea: (see below)
Program from latest concert

I'm not actually in this photo, but this is the view of our choir at First Congregational 
___________________________________________________________

Hosted my parents for 6 days, and had other family members over for our 3rd annual Thanksgiving Potluck. As always, it was a smashing success.  We missed Reezy and Grandma, but they called us that morning, and we had them there in spirit.

Aside from Thanksgiving dinner, we got a few projects done around the house thanks to the ReBuilding Center and the help and know-how of my dad.  We went to our traditional fun Thanksgiving movie and saw Wreck-it Ralph.  And did the traditional pre-Christmas shopping trip with mom!
Gathered round for Thanksgiving dinner



_________________________________________________________



Started on our second homebrew.  We attempted a spiced IPA, and if it turns out to be any good, we're calling "Hoppy Holidays IPA"
"Hoppy Holidays" going through it's first fermentation on the kitchen counter

______________________________________________________________

That about wraps up our thrilling November!  As usual, we enjoyed time spent with friends, family, and each other.  We're so blessed in this little life of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment