Meandering (Wide)

Friday, December 28, 2012

Week 6

This week has been a whirlwind of emotions.  We had our families up for Christmas and decided to tell them about the pregnancy as an early Christmas present.  Needless to say, they were very excited and super supportive.  They helped ease some of my fears about not being ready, and not being able to handle the responsibilities and financial burden of parenthood.  Both of our respective parents had good times and bad and got through it all, and reassured us that we would, too.

We got a couple books, and lots of advice, and I feel like we're a little more grounded in this crazy journey.  I'd like to share this crazy journey with family and friends - hence the journal entries.  I'll write at the end of every week of my pregnancy and update with how the week went, the baby's growth, and what I've been going through as a pregnant lady.

I will say that the thought of this baby essentially growing itself baffles my mind.  I grew myself?  That is crazy.

What Baby T has been up to this week:

  • Baby is the size of a sweet pea at 1/5 of an inch long and is considered an embryo at this point.  
  • Last week, baby changed from a bundle of cells, and split half into the placenta and half into an embryo.  
  • Now it looks like a tadpole with a bump on the top that is developing into a head and the face is separating into it's parts - jaws, cheek, and chin.  
  • Organs are also starting to develop - including kidneys, liver, and lungs.
Pregnancy Symptoms include:
  • Alright, I'm a little peeved on this point.  No one warned me about some of the pregnancy symptoms I could expect.  I'd only ever heard of morning sickness and stretch marks.  Apparently symptoms also include constipation, gas, and bloating, which I am feeling in full force, and which I will refer to here on out as "Digestive issues" because I'm pretty sure no one wants to read about how constipated or gassy I am all the time.  
  • Ridiculously sore breasts.  Which should have been my first clue that I was pregnant because they were more sore than usual before a period.  Hugs hurt.  Actually, any movement at all hurts.  I've been having to wear a sports bra to bed.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you saved all the posts for later. I was wondering when I'd read the most recent post, and there was nothing else before it to explain. :)

    -Kimber

    ReplyDelete