Meandering (Wide)

Friday, January 11, 2013

Week 8

This has been a pretty uneventful pregnancy week.  I'm actually starting to panic a bit that something is wrong.  I haven't had any of the morning symptoms that everyone talks about.  And even though the pregnancy books say that 25% of women don't get morning sickness, and if I'm not feeling anything, congratulations to me, I still feel uneasy.

I've managed to stay off of the forums since the last horrifying experience, but it's still tempting because every time I google something, most of the "answers" lie in the forums.  The books aren't very reassuring even though they all say "don't worry."  Apparently I'm going to be one of those helicopter moms that overly worries and panics over everything...  Oh god, I hope I'm not...

I'm anxious for the next few weeks to go by quickly and get to our next OB appointment on the 31st.  I'm anxious to be reassured by my doctor that everything is ok, and it's ok to not experience symptoms.  In the meanwhile, I just have to trust that things are progressing as they should, and that Lil' Raspberry is perfectly happy and healthy.

What Baby T is up to this week:

  • Baby is the size of the raspberry - hence the name "Lil' Raspberry" and is half an inch long.  
  • Baby looks less like a tadpole and more like a baby.  Tiny holes in the head are forming into a mouth, eyes, and nose.  Baby also has hands and feet and the webbed phalanges are differentiating and are forming fingers and toes.  
  • Baby's heartrate is 150 bmp
Pregnancy symptoms include:
  • A general feeling of ick every now and then
  • Digestive issues
  • Very sore breasts.  Hugs hurt!  
This week, I love to eat.
  • Period.  I love to eat.
  • I'm particularly into grilled cheese sandwiches
This week, I feel nauseated at the thought of:
  • Nothing yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment