Meandering (Wide)

Friday, January 25, 2013

Week 10

This week, I definitely felt more "pregnant" than I have so far.  In addition to the morning dry-heave sessions, I've been experiencing actual nausea throughout the day - though it's still extremely mild, and I'm going to continue to count myself very lucky!

I was in Montana for work this week, and when I got home I was curious if Bryann could see any changes in my stomach since I was gone for a few days.  So I pulled up my shirt and said "Am I showing, or am I just getting fat?"  Bryann refused to answer...  :-P  But I was comforted to read about this week in my pregnancy books, and they assure me that my tummy roundness is partially from bloating, and partially because, even though Baby T is still super tiny, my uterus has expanded to the size of a grapefruit.

Bryann continues to be pretty amazing.  I've had some weird food aversions this week - as in most food sounds horrifying - so Bryann has taken several trips to the store (sometimes multiple trips in one night) to get me what I can stomach.

What Baby T has been up to his week:  

  • Baby is nearly an inch and a half long, and the size of a prune.  As a side note, Bryann decided that calling baby "Lil' Prune" wasn't cute, so we reverted to "Lil' Whosit" during this phase.
  • 'Lil Whosit is taking more of a human shape, and we can start singing the "head and shoulders" song because all of those parts have begin forming!  ♪ Head and shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes, knees and toes.  Head and shoulders, knees and toes, eyes, ears, mouth and nose  ♪
  • Teeth buds are starting to form, digestive juices are flowing, and baby continues to urinate into the amniotic fluid and then drink it back up again.  (ew...)  
Pregnancy Symptoms include:
  • The ever-lingering digestion issues
  • Morning dry-heaving
  • Burgeoning bosoms - I had to give in and buy a bigger bra.  Unfortunately for me, I recently invested in several new VS bras, which I don't think I'll ever fit into again... But I took Katee's advice and found a $7 bra at Ross to tide me over.  
  • Food cravings/aversions
  • Sensitivity to smells
This week, I love to eat:
  • Fruit
  • Bell Peppers
  • Baby Tomatoes
  • Hummus
  • Beefy 5-Layer Burritos
  • Applesauce
This week, I feel nauseated at the thought of:
  • Chicken
  • Olives
  • Salad


No comments:

Post a Comment