Meandering (Wide)

Friday, January 4, 2013

Week 7

Welp, the secret is out.  Bryann can't keep his big mouth shut, so most of our Portland friends found out about the pregnancy this week.  It was going to be really difficult to keep a secret anyway, what with me not drinking anymore, but I still wasn't sure I wanted to tell everyone so soon.  I was afraid that we'd tell everyone, jinx ourselves, miscarry, and then have to tell everyone the bad news.  But Bryann made a good point that if I miscarried, I'd want my friends to know anyway so they could be there for me and help me through it.

But before we'd made the decision together to tell our friends, Bryann blabbed to Rachel about it at our New Year's party, and even though I thought I was doing a good job of disguising my not drinking, I guess some people noticed anyway.  Then at my birthday dinner, Bryann was making comments about the alcohol content of the fondue, and Nate caught on, so we just decided to spill the beans to those that were able to make it to my birthday dinner celebration.

So the news is out there.  I'm still working out how I feel about it.  I know it's a weird thing to say, and that I should be ecstatic that I'm pregnant - I have a hard time putting into words how this feels.  It was all well and good when it was just an idea to get pregnant and raise kids.  But now that it's a reality, it all seems so much more serious and I feel more of the weight of responsibility for another person's whole future and happiness, than I do the joy of being pregnant and the prospect of raising a child.  It's not the happy-go-lucky feeling that I thought I'd have.  My entire perspective has been switch around.  I hope that makes sense.

What Baby T has been up to this week:

  • Baby is the size of a blueberry at about 1/4 inch long, and looks a bit like a tadpole.  We've decided to refer to it as it's current size, since it feels weird to call it "It".  So lately it's been "Lil' Blueberry" this and "Lil' Blueberry" that.  
  • Baby's head is growing and generating brain cells at 100 cells per minute.
  • Arm and leg buds are starting to form, as are the mouth and tongue.  
  • Apparently it has gone through 3 sets of kidneys?!  The ones in place now are the permanent pair and are excreting urine, which baby swallows, then pees out, then swallows, then pees out again.  Gross!  
Pregnancy Symptoms include:
  • Digestive issues
  • Sore breasts
No Food Cravings/Aversions yet, but when I start to get them, I'll include those, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment