Meandering (Wide)

Friday, January 18, 2013

Week 9

I continue to feel mostly un-pregnant.  It's a very weird stage to be in.  I know I am pregnant, but I don't see or feel anything wriggling around in my uterus, so it still all feels very theoretical.  I have been experiencing a few more symptoms, but they're so mild and fleeting that if I didn't know any better, I'd just think I had a stomach bug.  The most prescriptive symptoms is that I've started dry-heaving for about a minute in the early mornings.  But once that's over with, I feel completely fine for the rest of the day.

We told the rest of our Portland friends about the pregnancy at Wine & Dine, so now everyone we see often knows.  I'm far enough along that miscarrying is becoming extremely unlikely, but I'm still a little cautious.  I haven't told my work yet, and we haven't made a Facebook announcement.  I'm going to wait until our next OB appointment on the 31st to let the rest of the world know.

It's been reassuring to have a few friends with babies already.  They've been giving great advice, and we've gotten a few hand-me-down items already.  I am feeling more comfortable in this new state, and even though it still feels a bit surreal, I am feeling more confident that we can handle it.

What Baby T has been up to this week:

  • The baby is the size of a green olive (about 1 in. long) and is moving from the embryonic stage to the fetal period.  
  • Baby's heart is developed and beating, and the liver, spleen, and gallbladder are developing.
  • Baby has some minuscule muscle development and is now moving and twitching, though I won't feel anything for two more months.  
Pregnancy Symptoms include:

  • Frequent urination
  • Digestive issues
  • "Morning" sickness
This week, I love to eat:

  • Grilled Cheese sandwiches
  • Mac and cheese
  • Fruit
  • Yogurt
  • Black tea
This week, I feel nauseated at the thought of:
  • No big food aversions yet.  In general, I just feel a bit yucky when I think of food.  I can usually start to eat anything, but sometimes my stomach feels a little icky after a few bites and I have to stop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment