Meandering (Wide)

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week 13

I'm officially 13 weeks pregnant, in my 14th week, and finished with my first trimester!  (Crazy to think I'm in my second trimester...)  And aside from the morning sickness ramping up a notch and becoming slightly more violent, it's been a pretty boring week as far as my pregnancy goes.  I can start to feel my uterus coming up from behind my pubic bone, which is a little weird to poke at.  I wondered if I kept poking around at my uterus if I would hurt the baby.  I was poking around rather vigorously last night because I wanted to feel it, and then thought better of all the poking and decided to stop.  Also, Bryann disapproved, as he seems to of most things nowadays.  :-P

 I'm also getting noticeably (to me) rounder in the belly area, which I'm currently having a hard time with, because (again, to me) it just looks like I've put on weight and not like I'm pregnant.  I can feel my t-shirts rub on my stomach, which is a very strange sensation.  Bryann giggles with glee every time he looks at my stomach, and reassures me that I'm not fat, I'm pregnant.  But I think it's still going to be a struggle until I look more like there's a baby in there.  

Last night, Bryann put his ear up to my stomach to see if he could hear anything yet.  He thought he heard a heartbeat, but he couldn't decide if it was really was the baby or if his memory was just playing tricks on him.  I wish I were flexible enough to put my own ear up to my stomach and have a listen!  

What Baby T has been up to this week:  
  • Eyes and ears are in place and tissue that will turn to bone is growing around it's head
  • The head is more proportional now - about 1/3 of it's total body size
  • Fingerprints are developing
  • Baby is either the size of a peach, or the size of a large shrimp.  I think Baby as shrimp size is easier for me to handle, mentally.
Pregnancy symptoms include:
  • Actually, aside from the morning sickness, I feel pretty good!
This week, I love to eat:
  • Most anything.  I can't really identify any one thing I've craved this week, except...
  • Hot cocoa - tea and coffee have been completely replaced.  I've never been a big cocoa person, except during camping trips, but for some reason, that's all I want to drink! 
This week, I feel nauseated at the thought of:
  • Chicken... still...  I'm hoping that goes away soon.  
13 weeks


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at your picture compared to the prior weeks! This is so exciting :-)
    Don't feel fat, everyone who knows you knows it's baby and not you gaining weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Rachel. Baby T is making so much progress! :) Also, feeling your t-shirt rub on your stomach isn't a foreign sensation to anyone else in the world. Way to make everyone not preggo feel fatso. :P Another also, I think Baby T is just fine with you prodding around. People do that all the time in their third trimester to try and force the baby to change position because they're pressing on the ribs or something. At most, I bet you're just pushing on the fluid and shifting Baby T around in the uterus. I wouldn't sweat it. :)

    -Kimber

    ReplyDelete