Meandering (Wide)

Friday, February 22, 2013

Week 14

Ok, I know I'm writing this a few days late, but I have lots of good excuses!  I'm scheduling the post for Friday 2/22, so if you're confused why you didn't get it emailed to you then, that's why.  :-)

I posted something earlier in the week, and that's what has been mainly going on as pregnancy news.  Life and work has started to get extremely busy.  Bryann is in class Thursday nights and all day Saturday, and is doing homework or in study groups for 2 or 3 additional nights a week on top of that.  I've been put in charge of the schedule for our training team, and I seem to also have become a confidant of one of my quasi-managers, so I've been working part-time from home on the schedule and keeping up with emails, and part-time in the hospital training classes - which is translating into a bit of overtime.  Plus, since Bryann is in classes on Saturdays, I've been volunteering myself to work Saturdays teaching class.

On top of our busy work schedules, we are in talks about selling our home this Spring, and purchasing another (bigger) house immediately after.  We had our Realtor over last weekend to talk logistics and it's looking like we're going to put the house on the market April 19th.  Hopefully it sells soon and we'll be in contract sometime in May, which puts our close date sometime mid-late June/early July.  So we've been trying to really pin down what we're looking for in our next home.  We're trying to stay open about the area we're looking to buy in, so we'll be better able to find the "perfect" house for us.

In the midst of all this, pregnancy symptoms have been pretty annoying.  I've been feeling way more sick than  previous weeks, and it's affected getting to a few classes on time in the mornings.  I've actually started vomiting and getting sick over smells.  Bryann was eating a chicken lean pocket and I came into the living room where he was finishing up his meal, smelled it, and ran to the sink to throw up.  New rule:  No chicken in the house!  :-)

What Baby T has been up to this week:  

  • Baby is apparently the size of a lemon or my clenched fist (3.5 inches head to rump)
  • Baby can make faces - squint, frown, grimace - and its head is sitting on top of a more defined neck
  • Baby's body is growing to catch up with the head size.  Its arms are proportional to its body (the legs still have some growing to do)
  • Baby is starting to grow some hair!
  • The spleen is starting to produce red blood cells and the liver is producing bile
Pregnancy symptoms include:
  • Nausea and vomiting - I've tried eating pretzels before I get up in the morning, but that just means I'm throwing up pretzels instead of bile
  • Sensitivity to smells - which makes the nausea and vomiting worse
  • Memory of weird smells also trigger nausea and vomiting - if I'm telling Bryann the story of my morning sickness, I get sick all over again just thinking about what made me sick in the first place
This week, I love to eat:
  • Fruit
  • Smoothies
  • Soup
  • Pizza
  • Cheese and salsa quesadillas
This week, I feel nauseated at the thought of:
  • Chicken
  • Lamb - poor Bryann made a spectacular crock-pot lamb roast, and I couldn't eat it.  But I really enjoyed the potatoes and carrots that cooked along with the meat!
  • Mexican food (no particular reason for this.  I just associate it with weird meat smells, and I get sick feeling)

Week 14
I think I look LESS pregnant in this picture than the previous week, but I think that's because this tank top is not as tight, and the rest of my stomach is starting to round out and it's not all concentrated in the lower gut region?  

No comments:

Post a Comment