Meandering (Wide)

Friday, February 1, 2013

Week 11

We got to hear the baby's heartbeat yesterday!!  It was completely amazing...  My OB used "the good" Doppler since it was still pretty early, and told us not to freak out if we didn't hear anything, but the heartbeat came through loud, and strong, and clear!  At first, we heard a faint, slow heartbeat and I went "ooh!" and looked up and Bryann.  OB said no, that's MY heartbeat - weird that I could hear it in my pelvis - then she found Baby and the heartbeat was crazy fast and loud.  I started laughing, and of course the Doppler jiggled all about and made those obnoxious microphone noises when someone is scratching at it, so I had to calm down and let my OB get re-positioned   She found Baby again pretty quickly and commented that Baby was being really cooperative.  I made a joke that I hoped Baby would stay that way, but when I heard the heartbeat again I started crying.  Then laughing.  Then I had to really concentrate and hold still because Baby was moving and my OB had to dig around to find the heartbeat again so we could hear it for any extended amount of time.

Ugh, it was so incredible.  I can't see anything, or feel anything, but there's this super loud, super fast heart beat coming through at 158-170 beats per minute.  Bryann mentioned afterward that we should have (and dad asked if we had) taken a video, but I'm OK that it was just us in that moment together.

There's really not much else to report.  I haven't told anyone at work yet, and I swear you can see a baby bump forming, even though the multitude of books and apps say I won't show for another couple of weeks.  I'm still nervous about telling work, but I just need to have faith that I'm at a good company, surrounded by good people.

What Baby T has been up to this week:

  • The head is the fastest growing body part this week
  • Hair follicles and nail beds are developing
  • Baby's torso is stretching and lengthening.  Apparently Baby is doing somersaults and forward rolls in there.  I wouldn't know it...  
  • Baby is also developing sex organs.

Pregnancy Symptoms include:

  • The usual suspects: digestive issues, morning nausea
  • Skin breakouts... joy...  

This week, I love to eat:

  • Fruit
  • Smoothies
  • Earl Grey Tea
  • 7 Layer Bean Dip
  • Applesauce
  • Cheese

This week, I feel nauseated at the thought of:

  • Chicken
  • Vegetables
  • Olives
Me at 11 weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment