Meandering (Wide)

Friday, March 1, 2013

Week 15

Yay!  I'm writing a post on time!! 

Today marks the end of week 15 of my pregnancy.  It's been a busy, stressful, emotional week for me.  On top of which, I've been sick with a cold/cough for the past two weeks.  My mom came to visit last weekend and was super duper helpful around the house.  She took over cleaning the dishes for me because I couldn't handle the smell and had to go vomit in the trash can.  She took me shopping and bought me a few maternity outfits.  She came to look at some open houses with Bryann and me and gave some good pointers and things to consider in our next home.  And she sat and cuddled with me on the couch while watching TV.  Yay for moms!  I hope I'm as great a mom as she is. 

Life went downhill Mon-Wed.  On Monday I was working from home when the internet crapped out.  I tried unplugging and re-plugging in things and had to call Comcast to get further suggestions.  Comcast was, per usual, completely unhelpful and tranferred me to a third-party self-paid service and I was on the phone yelling at them about how I wasn't going to pay $55 to fix a Comcast service issue.  Then I started crying hysterically and hung up the phone to call Bryann and have him talk me down.  The phone call to Comcast was absolutely too stressful, and I hate them, and I am making it my new mission in life to never have to use their services again. 

On Tuesday, I had to leave choir 3 times to go throw up outside.  I couldn't handle the people smells all around me.  Not that they all smelled bad.  Just too many unique smells stuffed into our rehearsal space.  But I found out my Alto friend is pregnant and she has that disorder where she can't keep anything down and had just come from the emergency room.  We were outside a lot together...  But I didn't feel so bad for myself after hearing her story.  :-) 

On Wednesday, I had to skip Book Club with my friends because I was still feeling so crumby from my cold.  Annie came over beforehand and we went for a walk.  She commented that I'm having all of her 8-12 week symptoms during my 12-16 week phase.  Hopefully I'll feel better after next week... 

Yesterday was our 2nd OB appointment.  I got to feel the top of my uterus, and we heard the baby's heartbeat again.  It took a little while to find it, and I got a bit freaked out at first.  I've been having paranoid visions that there's a dead baby inside me (apparently a completely normal thing to think) so the waiting didn't go over well.  But baby was camera shy (Bryann was recording it) and was hiding down in the lower left portion of my uterus.  Apparently it was moving a lot bc when we finally did hear the hearbeat again, it came with blips every few seconds.  My OB said I should feel movement around 18 weeks, so I still have a bit of waiting (and dead baby envisioning) to do before I feel anything. 

Check out Doppler video here.

We opted to get the Quad screen blood work down, rather than an amniocentisis.  Our risk of genetic diseases is pretty low, so we're hoping everything comes out ok.  And we're going to be making the appointment for the ultrasound for about 3 weeks from now, so we should know by the end of March whether we're having a boy or girl!

What Baby T has been up to this week:
  • Baby is 4 inches or the length of an apple, and weighs 2.5 ounces
  • Baby has been breathing in amniotic fluid to help the lung sacks develop
  • Eyes are sealed shut but Baby can sense light and may move away if I shine a flashlight towards it
  • Baby's legs are growing longer than the arms and are becoming more proportional
Pregnancy symptoms include:
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Stomach pains - the stretching uterus feels like something is being pulled on
  • Constant trips to the bathroom - our water bill was $70 higher than it's ever been!! 
  • Rhinitis of pregnancy - apparently my cold/cough may actually be a pregnancy symptom due to increase of blood flow to my mucous membranes
  • Tired - not tired as in I want to go to sleep, but tired as in I want to lay horizontal on the couch and not do anything at all for the rest of the day.  I'll lay down and doze now and then while watching tv, but I don't usually go to bed until 9 or so, which is pretty normal for me.  
This week, I love to eat:
  • Anything covered in cheese
  • Chips
  • Smoothies
This week, I feel nauseated at the thought of:
  • Chicken
  • Sandwiches
  • Mexican food
15 weeks

3 comments:

  1. 1 - yay for your mom, sounds like it was nice having here here
    2 - hope you feel better soon, we missed you at book club!
    3 - $70 higher! that's crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized regarding #3 that you have been working from home a lot more recently, so I suppose that has a fair amount to do with it too. It would have probably gone up at least a little just because you're home more even if you weren't pregnant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, we missed you. Homestyle mac 'n' cheese just screamed "Kristi" comfort food to me. Well, it also sounded delicious to me, too.

    See you at the next thing! :)

    -Kimber

    ReplyDelete