Meandering (Wide)

Friday, March 15, 2013

Week 17

I had my first weird pregnancy dream this week.  My stomach had all of a sudden started inflating like there was a balloon in it, and I asked my mom what was wrong.  She was like "don't worry, that's totally normal.  Just don't pop it."  So I smooshed it around so it was laying on it's side rather than stick straight out.  But then a cat head-like shape started forming and I bit it and it popped.  Then I woke up.  Not sure what that means....

Last week was pretty busy with house hunting.  We went out on Sunday to look at houses in Happy Valley and Milwaukie and saw a few that would work ok for us.  Then we went out again on Tuesday to see houses in Tigard and Tualatin.  We found a house we REALLY liked in Tigard that had been on the market for awhile, so we asked Sue, our real estate agent, to inquire about a contingency offer (contingent on the sale of our home).  She called us Wednesday night and said she'd talked to the listing agent who said the seller would be open to it.  So we went back on Thursday afternoon with my aunt to get a good second look and an extra opinion, but we decided to go ahead with the offer.  We'll hear back early next week sometime.

What Baby T has been up to this week:


  • Baby is the size of  a turnip (that's not a cute fruit/veg...) or the size of my palm at 5 inches and 5 oz.  
  • Baby's skeletal make up began the change from soft cartilage to bone.  
  • Body fat is beginning to form and this week marks the start of the growth spurt.  
  • Baby is still moving about (even though I can't feel anything yet) and is practicing sucking and swallowing to prepare for feeding after the birth.  My baby is so smart, putting in all that prep work!  
Pregnancy symptoms include:
  • Still nauseous in the mornings.  I haven't thrown anything up this week, which is progress.  
  • Headaches
  • Back pain/sore muscles.  I'm going to schedule a pre-natal massage.  
  • My clothes are definitely getting tighter.  I've reached the point where I can no longer button my pants, but luckily my friend Mary had an extra Bella Band that's been my new favorite outfit saver!  

Food cravings/aversions
  • Still loving fruit and smoothies, oatmeal, pizza
  • Not quite loving chicken still.  I was able to eat a McChicken last week, but I haven't tried anything with chicken in it since then
(I'm stealing these two new sections from Tamara)  :-)  

What I miss:
  • Beer.  I will probably be repeating this every week for the next 23 weeks.  But I really really really miss beer.  
  • Drugs.  I haven't been able to take anything for my cold last month, or my ongoing stuffiness. 
What I'm looking forward to:
  • My ultrasound and finding out the sex of the baby on March 25th!
  • Weekly workouts with Annie.  We've been doing yoga and water aerobics.
  • Friends marathons with Tamara.  We're watching the season where Rachel is pregnant.  
Week 17

My pants still fit!  As long as I don't have to button them...  


No comments:

Post a Comment