Meandering (Wide)

Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 16

This past week has been a so crazy, that I haven't even had time to think about being pregnant or having a baby in a few months!  The hospital that I've been training made the switch over to Epic last Saturday, so I've been working 10 hr days, 6 days a week helping with Go-Live on the surgical floors.  I've been able to go into the OR during open-heart surgeries and help docs chart!  On top of the intense work schedule, I had choir rehearsal Tuesday, dress rehearsal Wednesday, and a concert on Saturday.  So I'm slightly exhausted.

My work schedule this week is back down to 8-hr days, and choir will be chill on Tuesday so hopefully the craziness will let up a little bit.  In the midst of it all, I only threw up once last week, and the nausea has been a little better in the mornings, so hopefully I'm coming out of the sick phase. 

We started our house hunt last Sunday and we went again this Sunday.  We've only seen 2 houses so far that we would want to purchase.  Our wish list is pretty big though - not so much with a house being new and updated, just wanting lots of space, a big yard, and a larger master bedroom/bathroom/closet - so it may be a struggle to find us what we want.  We've been looking at stuff in Milwaukie and Happy Valley, so we're going out again tomorrow afternoon to check out what Tigard and West Linn have to offer. 

I did manage to squeeze in some time for myself this week.  I went over to Annie's on Wednesday before rehearsal and did her prenatal yoga video with her.  I'm going to meet up with her and Tamara this Wednesday to go to an actually class, so I'm pretty excited about that.  I also went to a deep water aerobics class at my neighborhood community center.  It was nice to be in the water again.  I keep thinking about going in and doing laps, but I'm always so tired when I get off work, all I want to do is lay on the couch and doze with the TV on in the background.  I hear that my energy will pick back up soon and that second trimester is supposed to be easy and amazing, so I'm looking forward to that stage. 

What Baby T has been up to this week:
  • Baby is the size of an avocado at 4.5 inches long and 3.5 ounces.  Apparently the next few weeks will be a growth spurt.
  • Head is erect, legs are growing, eyes are moving closer together, and ears are in place
  • Baby can probably now hear me talk and sing, and will soon start to recognize other familiar voices (like Daddy, Sam barking, and kitty purring on my stomach)
  • Baby can probably also percieve light
  • Toenails are starting to grow
Pregnancy symptoms include:
  • Headaches
  • Lightheadedness/dizzines (I almost passed out at my concert on Saturday)
  • Nausea
  • Acne
  • Fatigue
This week, I love to eat:
  • Oatmeal
  • Sweetie tangerines
  • Pizza
This week, I feel nauseated at the thought of:
  • I've gotten over most of the food aversions (I was able to eat a McChicken sandwhich this week!)  I don't get sick over food smells, it's just that most food doesn't appeal to me unless it's something I'm specifically craving (like pizza!)

No comments:

Post a Comment