Meandering (Wide)

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Battle of the Sexes

I only have a few more days of mystery before we find out the sex of the baby, so I thought I'd better write this out while I still have the chance.  I've been meaning to include this great debate in one of my weekly updates, but I find I have so many other things to share!  So here it is, it's own separate post.

Ever since I found out and shared that I was pregnant we've been asked whether we want a boy or a girl, as if we had a choice.  I think it's a funny question because we definitely have opinions on which we'd prefer, and yet we have no control over it.  The default, pc answer has been "healthy", but here's the real scoop:  Bryann wants a girl, and I want a boy first and then a girl.  (Kid: if you ever read this, Daddy loves you and is thrilled with whatever sex you are!)

We've been guessing and discussing the pros and cons for each for a few months now, and our chat today is a pretty good summary of the many conversations we've had so far:  
Kristi: so give me the pros and cons of having a boy
Bryann: pros: baseball and sports, cons: penis
good enough?
:)
Kristi: why is a penis a con?
Bryann: pee in your face :)
Kristi: LOL
wow
Bryann: pro: making forts!
Kristi: girls make forts, too!
Bryann: pro: friend for Isaac
Kristi: con: boys are weird
Bryann: pro: easier teenager
Kristi: pro/con: boyfriend for Clara :-P
we don't want aaron shooting our child
Bryann: hahhaha
i think he'd make an exception :)
Kristi: pros and cons of a girl?
Bryann: pro: the most adorable thing ever
con: may have to go to prison
Kristi: why would our daughter have to go to prison?
Bryann: i'd have to, for killing someone
Kristi: lol we don't own a gun
Bryann: con: tramp stamp potential
Kristi: LOL!!
Bryann: pro: adorable princess outfits!
pro: sports!
con: ballet!
Kristi: WHAT?! Ballet is a pro!
Bryann: well, semi-con
haha
Bryann: con: paying for a wedding :D

Bryann: pro: father-daughter day at school
Kristi: they have father son days too, you know
Bryann: yeah i know
question: if we end up with 2 boys or 2 girls would you want to try to get the other sex?
Kristi: probably
we'll see how full our hands are after 2 kids
Bryann: :)
Kristi: maybe one will be gay and they'll be like having a boy/girl anyway
Bryann: haha

Bryann: pro for boy and girl: board games!
pro for girl: tea parties!
Kristi: YEAH! Tea parties!!!!!
Bryann: :)

I think it's pretty obvious Bryann just wants a kid he can play with and shower with love.  Hopefully we'll be able to have 2 kids and will get one of each.  But we have a pretty good mix of experience between the two of us.  I'm the oldest with a younger brother.  Bryann is the oldest with a younger sister.  And we're both interested in an array of different things, and have lots of family and friends with various interests to, so what ever sex our kid is, or whatever our kid is into, I think we've got it covered.

Looking forward to find out on Monday!!  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh out loud. Quite a lot. :)
    -Kimber

    ReplyDelete