Meandering (Wide)

Friday, May 3, 2013

Week 24

We broke down and bought a stroller!  Katee took me baby registry shopping this past weekend, and I got to test out her BOB stroller, and then test out some of the other strollers at the store, and the BOB was just soooooooo nice...  Then I happened to see it for $150 OFF it's normal price on Amazon, so I couldn't resist purchasing it.  I'm always a deal hunter.  The Amazon price was the same as what people have been asking for on Craigslist for their USED strollers, so yeah, it was a pretty good deal.  We even tested it out and took Sam for a walk, and loaded it up with a 42 lb. bag of kitty litter.  :-D

What Baby T has been up to this week:

  • Baby is a little more than a pound, and measures at almost a food long - the size of an ear of corn!
  • Her brain is developing into the tiny genius she's bound to be!  *No pressure, Callie*  :-)
  • Her taste buds are forming, and supposedly she can taste what I eat.  I'm not sure how that really works, but if I want her to eat her veggies, I better eat lots of them myself. 
  • Her lungs are developing branches and surfactant, which will help her air sacs inflate and let her scream once she hits the cold outside air.
Pregnancy symptoms this week include:
  • Umm... I think this is the first week I can't really report pregnancy symptoms?  I feel like a pretty normal person with a big belly.
What I miss: 
  • Boring old me, I miss the same old stuff.
What I'm looking forward to:
  • I'll tell you what I'm NOT looking forward to!  I have to take a glucose test at the end of the month to test for gestational diabetes.  Apparently I have to drink this nasty sugary fluid that tastes like flat soda, at regular intervals for an hour, and then take a blood test.  Bleh!  
  • But I AM looking forward to getting that over with!  :-P



Bryann walking Sam and the bag of kitty litter in our new stroller!

No comments:

Post a Comment