Meandering (Wide)

Friday, May 31, 2013

Week 28

Bryann and I headed out to the beach house last weekend to celebrate our 2 year anniversary over the Memorial Day break.  It was a glorious 3 days of sleeping, walking on the beach, playing fetch with Sam and watching him frolick in the waves, and sleeping some more.  :-)  We explored some of the Rockaway shops on Satruday did some antiqueing up the coast line on Sunday.  We even found a few little things for the baby's room!  I love heading out there to our little retreat and getting away from the world for awhile. 

Our 2-year "cotton" anniversary gifts to each other were similarly inspired.  I made him a t-shirt quilt from the few college tshirts we were still clinging on to, and he had his friend's wife make me a quilt in the colors we've chosen for the nursery.  I also got him a canvas toiletry case with his initials embroidered in "Super Hero" font, but he was WAY more excited about the quilt!  :-)

In new-house-news, we got to lock in our rate this week, and scheduled movers so there really isn't much else to do besides pack and get things ready for the big move!  I'm nearing the end of my stress-capacity though, so I really could have a mental breakdown any day now.  The whole moving process is really overwhelming on top of the fact that afterwards, we have remodeling to do, and a baby to prepare for - which we haven't been able to do ANY preparations for since we're moving in 2 weeks!  So watch out for super-stressed-out Kristi.  Part of the problem is that I really can't DO any of the things that need to get done until we move, and then it needs to be done all at once, and all at the same time.  There's just so many moving parts to this that it's gotten a bit overwhelming.

In baby news, on Wednesday, I had my 3-hr glucose screen to test for Gestational Diabetes more accurately.  I fasted from 7pm-8:30am, and they took a baseline blood draw.  Then I had to drink a super sweet, horribly disgusting orange flavored drink, and wait in the lobby for the rest of the morning.  They drew my blood to test my glucose levels every hour for three hours afterwards, so by the time I got to go home, I was feeling really sick, on a huge sugar crash, and extremely tired.  Luckily though, I do NOT have GD!  Which is SUCH a huge relief.  I know that I still could have had a completely normal pregnancy and healthy baby with modified diet, but GD also puts you at higher risk for Type II diabetes later in life.  And since a ton of people in my family have Type II diabetes, I really didn't need any more of an increased risk than I already have. 

 What Baby T has been up to this week:
  • Baby T weighs 2.5 lbs and measures about 16 inches - the size of a small cabbage!
  • Baby might be dreaming when she sleeps.  Studies of fetal brain activity have shown similar sleep cycles to adults like REM.  Though what she could possibly be dreaming about, I have no idea.  Floaty bits in the amniotic fluid??
  • On top of opening her eyes, it's possible that she has been blinking, as well as coughing, sucking, and breathing
  • Her brain continues to develop the fastest during this week and she is getting fatter by the day! 
Pregnancy symptoms this week include:
  • More noticeable and more rapid weight gain.  I'm officially in my 3rd trimester, so I should gain about a pound a week.  I don't weigh myself at home, but I can definitely tell the difference in pictures and when I look in the mirror. 
  • Pre-pregnancy shirts officially do not fit any longer - with the sole exception of some of my super-stretchy tank tops.  But I think I've got enough maternity articles to get me through the rest of my pregnancy. *Fingers crossed!*
  • Heartburn and digestion issues continue to be ongoing issues - so much so that I'm almost not even bothered by it anymore...  Almost...
What I miss/What I'm looking forward to:
  • Bryann and I have date night tonight - we're seeing the last play of our season tickets with PCS, and we're treating ourselves to ice cream.  :-)
  • I'm going out to the beach again to celebrate my Grandma's 92nd birthday! 
  • MOVING!!! 


Bryann's 2-year "cotton" anniversary quilt!





28 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment