Meandering (Wide)

Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 27

We got the appraisals in for both houses - and both came in splendidly!  Our house appraised for the selling price, and our new house appraised for slightly above the selling price!  So now, we just hope that interest rates don't skyrocket so we can lock next week.  We have a tentative close date set on our house for June 11th, a close date for our new house on June 13th, and an "out completely" date of June 16th.  We're getting really excited!  Everything has gone so smoothly, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

My OB appointment on Thursday went ok.  I'm 27 weeks pregnant, but my uterus measured at 25cm (I'm supposed to be anywhere between 25 and 29 cm at this point) but she said that was still within range and she wasn't worried.  She said my weight gain was right on track, and the baby's heart sounded good.  She also said there are no known cases of pre-natal epilepsy and that the crazy movements I'm feeling are a good thing.  The more movement, the better, I guess. 

My 1-hr glucose test didn't go well.  I was well above the normal range, so I have to go in next Wednesday for a 3-hr glucose test where they'll have me fast for 12 hrs prior, then take a baseline blood draw, make me drink the super sugary flat soda drink, then take my blood again every hour for 3 hours afterwards.  NOT looking forward to having my blood drawn 4 more times...  And I'm now also seriously worried that I have gestational diabetes.  I made the mistake of Googling after I found out that my test went poorly, and read stories about still-born babies and worked myself into a panic.  Tamara had to talk me down and gave me a few examples of people she knew with GD whose babies came out perfectly healthy.  So until next Wednesday, I'm going to eat like I have GD and avoid foods with high glycemic indexes.  Bryann is convinced that I DON'T have GD and that the only reason my results were high is because I wasn't fasting - but they didn't tell me to fast, so I'm not convinced that's it.  We'll see next week though... 

I had my last concert of the season on Saturday, and Tamara and Rian were sweet enough to come!  I don't know when I'll be able to go back to choir, so it was a little bittersweet for me.  I love singing and I love the group, so I'll really miss it while I'm taking the time to care for new Baby T. 

Lastly, Bryann and I have our 2-year anniversary coming up, so we're heading out to the beach this weekend for some R&R and to celebrate Us.  :-) 

What Baby T has been up to this week:
  • Baby is measuring at about 2 lbs and 14.5 inches long (head to heel) - the size of a cauliflower - Or "Callie-flower" as we now like to refer to her!  :-P
  • She continues to open and close her eyes, and is now perhaps sucking on her fingers and toes
  • Baby's brain tissue is developing and her brain is very active at this point
  • Her lungs are still immature but they would be capable of functioning at this point if she were born prematurely - with a lot of medical help, of course.
  • Baby continues to kick and squirm and shove her head or her butt (I can't tell) into the side of my belly so you can feel her protruding.
Pregnancy symptoms this week include: 
  • Ongoing heartburn and digestion issues.  I have a feeling these will be with me until after the baby is born.  
  • I can feel the baby hiccup now!  They feel like tiny little rhythmic bloops, maybe 4-5 seconds apart, and last for a minute or so. 
  • I've been kicked in the ribs a couple times this week, and I'm kind of not looking forward to her getting bigger and potentially bruising or even breaking my ribs with her kicking.  
What I miss/What I'm looking forward to:
  • Finding out whether I have gestational diabetes  :-(
  • Anniversary weekend away with the hubby
  • Moving! And finally being able to get things ready for the baby's room!  

27 weeks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment