Meandering (Wide)

Friday, May 17, 2013

Week 26

Last weekend we did our annual San Francisco trip to see the Braves vs. Giants series.  We decided to drive down this year to save some money, so we took off Thursday night and stayed with my dad in Klamath Falls, then drove the rest of the way to SF on Friday, then back to Klamath Sunday night, and back to Portland on Monday morning.  That's usually how we do drives down to see Bryann's family in Sonora, CA too.  It's nice to have my parents' house function as a half-way point between us and Bryann's family. 

We had a wonderful weekend in SF, and got to spend a lot of time with our college friend, Lucas, and our other friend Katy came to the game with us on Saturday.  It was really nice to spend time with Bryann's mom and sister, and two foster sisters, too.  The weather was completely beautiful the entire weekend.  It would have been a perfect trip if the Braves hadn't totally sucked and lost both games miserably.  We went to games on Friday night, and Saturday afternoon, and even walked to the peek-a-boo area behind the park on Sunday afternoon to catch a few innings, hoping things would improve - the Braves couldn't perform horribly during the only 3 games in a row that we'd ever see them ALL YEAR, right?!  To no avail.  We left to make the drive back to Klamath and got texts from Bryann's mom about how terribly the game was going, and how they left early because they couldn't stand to watch it anymore.  Alas... 

In other news, we had the appraisal on our current house done on Thursday, so we should hear back sometime early next week.  It's a little nerve racking because Sue can't find any comps to support our sale price - which means if the appraisal comes in low, we may have to do some renegotiating on the price if the buyer doesn't want to pay the difference. 

What Baby T has been up to this week:
  • Baby is measuring at 2 lbs and 14 inches (head to heel) - the size of a cucumber!  
  • Baby's eyes are starting to open, and can potentially see all the exciting action going on inside my uterus.  If we shine a flashlight on my stomach, she might be able to sense the light and kick at me.  We haven't tried this yet though.  
  • Baby can hear noises now and can respond to them with movement and/or pulse rate
  • Baby has been kicking a lot...  Like... a LOT.  Like, she kicks so fast sometimes, that it feels like she's working a speed bag and I'm becoming slightly paranoid that she may be having seizures...  
Pregnancy symptoms this week include:
  • Digestion issues
  • Heartburn - I finally gave in and had to get some Tums to control it.  Bryann insisted on calling our OB and getting an approved list of remedies before I took anything, but she said Tums was perfectly fine.
  • Dry, flaky belly skin (even though I moisturize 2x a day!) 
What I miss/What I'm looking forward to:
  • My cravings for beer have actually subsided considerably.  The tiny sips I take of Bryann's beer don't taste as good as they used to.  I mean, they still taste GOOD, and I would GLADLY drink a nice, ice cold IPA if I could, but I don't DESIRE it like I used to.  
  • Using my pre-natal massage gift.  I've been trying to schedule it, but she's been pretty booked up.
  • My OB appointment next week - hopefully she'll tell me that Callie does NOT have epilepsy and I'll be doing my 1-hr gestational diabetes test.  

Katy and me

Bryann's family + us + Lucas before Saturday's game

Add caption

On the Pier outside the ball park

Lucas and us at Saturday's game

 
       
Mother's Day Brunch
 

No comments:

Post a Comment