Meandering (Wide)

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10: Dave Ramsey

I figured that since I've been thankful for the existence of other people in my life, it's not TOO far a leap to be thankful for someone I have no relationship or contact with.  :-)

Dave Ramsey, for those who are unfamiliar with him, is a financial self-help author/radio personality/motivational speaker.  His book Total Money Makeover and his radio show have changed our lives and our financial future.  I'm thankful for the work that he is doing and the message he is sending.  Read Bryann's blog Oregon Trail to Debt Freedom to learn more about our financial adventure.

The short of it is that if my friend Jeff hadn't introduced me to Dave Ramsey's podcast, I would never have picked up his book.  If I hadn't picked up his book, I may not have realized that we didn't have to just "live with" and "deal with" our debt for the next 30 years of our lives.  And if Bryann hadn't read his book, he may not have realized that his spending habits and his attitude towards money and debt could really get us into financial trouble some day.

Now we are both on the same page.  We completely agree about money, we monitor our spending each month, we stick to a budget, and we are well on our way to becoming debt-free.

So yeah, I'm thankful for a person that I've never met and who has no knowledge of my existence.  His views and teaching about money and debt have changed our lives and have helped us pave the way for a more secure future.   

No comments:

Post a Comment