Meandering (Wide)

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9: Our Jobs

In this economy, I think it's appropriate to be thankful that we both have jobs that are fairly secure.  There were a few months last winter when I was worried about Bryann's employment.  His hours at his previous job got cut, so his health insurance got cut.  We weren't sure what we would do if something happened to him since we weren't married yet and I couldn't add him to my health insurance plan.  But he searched diligently and found a great job working as a Chemist/Marketing Rep.  

And education funding keeps getting cut, and young teachers keep getting cut so I know how cherished my job is.  It's not my DREAM job, but I'm happy working there for the most part.  I was really unhappy during my first year there, but the climate of the school has shifted, and things are a lot better now.  I am also essentially the entire Math department at the school, and I work with an almost entirely special education population, and those two things will look brilliant on a resume when I decide to move on.  

But I'm thankful that we are both gainfully employed and neither of us has cause to worry about being cut or laid off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment