Meandering (Wide)

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 13: Consonare Chorale

Tonight, we had dress rehearsal for our concert this coming Saturday.  Dress rehearsals are always a point of anxiety for most of us.  Are we ready?  Do we have the notes? Do we have the music memorized?  Are we comfortable enough with the non-memorized pieces to look up and watch Georgina for guidance in ambiance and the intricacies of the music?  I'm always a little nervous pre-dress rehearsal that the concert will be a disaster and I'll regret inviting everyone I know.

But dress rehearsal always works out the nerves and the kinks and eases our worries.  We're always ready. Because we're a high caliber group, and we're all passionate about music and performing to the highest of our abilities.

I love being a part of Consonare.  I was told in college to treasure the time I had with Chamber Choir because I would never again sing in a truly great choir again.  Well, that was before Georgina (a former WU Chamber Choir alumn) created Consonare and showed Dr. Long that truly great choirs do exist outside of college.  I love music, I love singing, and I love being a part of such an amazing group of musicians and people.

So thankful I took a risk last December and auditioned.  I'm so thankful I got in!  I'm so thankful I get to share my passion with like-minded and equally talented musicians once a week, 9 months out of the year!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment