Meandering (Wide)

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 4: Being "Laid Off"

And by "laid off" I mean let go by claims that they had budget cuts, allowed to collect unemployment, and learning later on that they'd re-filled my position and several others with someone else.  

But I hadn't been completely happy teaching, and I hadn't been at ALL happy at Cascade.  And I wasn't about to quit my job.  So I'm thankful that I was "laid off" and forced out into the unknown, with unemployment as a safety net, to explore what I was really looking for.  

I've heard the saying a million times about when one door closes, another door opens.  But I heard a comedian on the radio recently describe it more as an opportunity to purge your life of the old crap cluttering everything up.  To clean house in order to be really ready and open to pursuing whatever opportunities come next.  

And so far, I've really enjoyed what came next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment