Meandering (Wide)

Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2 - My New Job

I'm enjoying my new role as a trainer at Providence.  Though I haven't actually started teaching classes yet, since my own training won't start until the 13th.  But I'm thankful to be in a healthier work environment.  I'm not being paid with someone's personal check anymore.  There's an HR department.  I have rights and responsibilities.  I didn't realize how PTSD I was from Cascade, but everytime someone says they want to talk to me or that they'd like to schedule a check-in via our chat system, I start having an anxiety attack.  At Cascade, whenever a higher-up wanted to talk to me, it was because they found some newfangled excuse to go on a power trip and make me feel like a terrible, undeserving person.  I'm still recovering, I suppose.  I didn't realize what an emotionally abusive and manipulative situation I was in until I was in something "normal" for awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment